Thursday, March 17, 2011

Can’t take my eyes off it

The attack on the World Trade Centers towers in 2001 changed my life forever. I became a terrified news junkie at all hours of the day, waiting for the next dreadful event. Recently I’d noted to myself that had faded – but then the earthquake struck Japan.

The shock and sadness of the whole series of events and cascading effects is simply overwhelming. People, animals, communities, property, memories – all wiped out with the natural event. Now the horrible irony of the nuclear plant compromise has mesmerized the entire planet; there’s not a news station in the US that covers anything else (despite so many other things going on in Libya and elsewhere.) It is terrorism of a different sort.

Today, today, today. This is all we can count on. Right now. Love, do, create, build, live now.

No comments:

Post a Comment