Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Forcynthia is in bloom

Forsythia: Happy harbingers of spring for East coast denizens, with a silly and very short story. When I worked for Agfa in Boston many years ago, I used to set my alarm clock to the radio. It was less harsh than an alarm bell for me.

So, one morning, I was lying there asleep, and the radio went on with the loud announcement that “The For Cynthia is in bloom!”

This go La Calavera’s drowsy attention – she sat bold upright in bed and stared with perplexity at the alarm clock! But of course, it was all the stuff of dreams; they really said “Forsythia”. This took years to sink in.


(Taken in the garden in front of our apartment today)

The good news is that the radio has not since spoken directly to La Calavera. And for today, that the forsythia is in bloom!

No comments:

Post a Comment