Friday, May 27, 2011

Pigeon Condominium in Colombia!

Today as I was walking near the conference center in Cartagena, Colombia (where I am today), I noticed some pigeons on the grass. I walked closer, and saw to my amazement some REAL pigeon condominiums! What a remarkable coincidence! I had to take a photograph to share with you.



















There were two pretty little three-story houses side by side (with a servant’s quarters on the top floor!), set on a plinth about 6 feet up from the ground. The pigeons were happily standing on their balcony and hanging out in their condos. Truly a wonderful coincidence.




























And then, though I had lamented not seeing much wildlife here, within only a few minutes I saw this gorgeous, large iguana. He didn’t let me get too close, and it was both surprising and amusing to see him run away. He could really move fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment